Saturday 9 March 2019

Sportfish Photo of the Month Winner (Feb '19)

When I started writing this blog I hadn’t quite anticipated how writing would influence another growing hobby of mine, photography. With the blog in mind I’m rarely on the bank these days without a camera, even if it’s simply a trusty smartphone. I find myself thinking more carefully about the shots that record my time on the bank and have taken great pride in some of the results.

Being inherently competitive, but also to increase publicity for the blog I’ve decided to enter a few photos in some photo competitions, run by tackle companies or local interest groups. It’s with a huge amount of pride that my first entry was successfully voted Sportfish Photo of the Month for February 2019.

'Beautiful Wye Barbel' by Tim Prosser

A huge thanks to Sportfish for running the competition and everybody who voted for me!

Sportfish, award winning game fishing tackle supplier

I’ve included the other shortlisted photo’s below for anyone interested to see the competition! Sash von R’s tiger trout was a particularly special fish I thought.

'First ever Tiger Trout' by Sash von R

'Big Brown' by Georgi Nikolov

'Full up with Crayfish' by Simon Page

'Grayling on the Dee' by Paul Kuzcera

No comments:

Post a Comment